Metabolic Testing by Nutri-Spec
Here you will learn about Nutri-Spec Metabolic Testing and the essential information you need to know before coming for an appointment.
Brief summary about Nutri-Spec
Nutri-Spec is not trying to treat your symptoms. It supports you in finding a greater vitality (or energy) and this then allows for you to more effortlessly adapt to life.
Many people have been struggling with their health for some time.
When the body does not function at its optimal level, this then often becomes more apparent when symptoms start to show – and eventually it may become a disease.
By increasing your vitality, symptoms have a much greater chance to simply drop away.
You don’t even have to be ill or to have any symptoms to benefit from Nutri-Spec. Have you ever experienced what is your best potential?
Nutri-Spec’s method is a direct route by addressing the cause of the problem.
For more information please read What Nutri-Spec Will Do For You or ask me to forward you a copy by email.
Although everyone’s requirements are different, usually it can take up to 12 weeks for your Metabolic Imbalances to improve.
Nutri-Spec Metabolic Testing
1) Initial contact and making the appointment to come and see me
- I ask that you stop all the supplements and herbal remedies you are currently taking.
- This will give clearer test results of your underlying body chemistry and also eliminating the confusing factors of supplements. This will be saving you both time and money.
- If anything has been taken within the last 14 days, please let me know. (It helps me if you bring a list with what you have taken over the last 6 months, even if sporadically.)
- I recommend you start the two essential Nutri-Spec supplements straight away:
- Activator (vitamin and mineral supplement)
- Immuno-Synbiotic (pre- and probiotics)
Contact me if you would like me to post these to you. By taking these 2 supplements you will have already started to bring your body into a greater balance.
2) Initial Nutri-Spec Metabolic Testing (90 min – £85)
Essential information you need to be aware of prior to Nutri-Spec Testing:
- I can see you at least 2 hours after a meal. (Do not skip breakfast.)
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of liquids, including water.
- Prior to the test:
- Avoid sweets/chewing gums for 30 minutes.
- Avoid coffee, chocolate, tea for 24 hours.
- Avoid carbonated drinks for 12 hours.
- If you take any medication, please let me know in advance, otherwise your test results might be distorted.
- Please wear easy clothing so I can reach both upper arms: for example a T-shirt, and I need to test the lower leg reflex, therefore avoid too tight fitting trousers below the knee.
- I will provide you with a sterile cup for a urine sample, if not going to the toilet very often, then save it!
- Additionally: I welcome any blood or other tests you have had done in the last 1 to 6 months, or prior to this. Please bring a copy with you.
3) Results session (60 min – £55)
As part of the results session you will receive:
- Your results, usually within 1–3 days.
- Your current Metabolic Imbalances with a description sheet.
- A handy information folder for you to keep your Nutri-Spec information and progress notes in. In it you will find:
- Your Report of Findings indicating your metabolic imbalances and providing you with a general eating plan, showing your ideal daily protein and carbohydrate allowance and further personalised dietary guidance related to your metabolic imbalances.
- An Eat Well Be Well card giving you an easy reference to an essential lifelong eating plan.
- Imbalance description sheets explaining how your metabolic imbalances are affecting your health, including common related symptoms and how you can help yourself by keeping certain foods to a minimum.
- A Nutri-Spec Supplement Protocol that will show you each recommended Nutri-Spec supplement and when to take this.
- Relevant supplement brochures and if appropriate further information for you to read.
- The brochure: “What will Nutri-Spec do for you?”
- Useful contacts (within the UK).
- The opportunity to arrange your follow up appointment for a re-test needs to be made between 3 and 7 days, if you have not already booked this.
Your investment towards your health
Depending on the Metabolic Imbalances and the severity of the underlying health challenges, there will often be a considerable amount of supplements to take. This also will require a significant investment. It can be that the initial supplement bill is between £150–£250 or above. It varies and I do need to pre-warn people that this could be the case. I only use Nutri-Spec supplements.
Although this might look like a big investment, I can reassure you that you will be taking high quality supplements and only those you will need. Most people endlessly pay for supplements their body does not need and in fact, these can make them feeling worse.
The supplements intake and investment generally go down once the Metabolic Imbalances have been corrected.
4) Follow-up test (90 min – £65)
- To allow me to check how your body responded and to make any adjustments.
- Most of the time you can then continue for 3 to 4 weeks before another re-test is required.
With Nutri-Spec you will know what is good for you to eat. Often this gives a great relief and you can stop being confused what is good or not good for you. Giving you both clarity and freeing up your time.
Please do ask me if there is any way I can help you prior to the session.
The testing takes place in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK.